Stafimy.com operates as a registered Private Employment Office, certified under SADIK SÖZER ÇİZMECİ Danışmanlık İnsan Kaynakları İş Gücü Temini Ltd. Şti., with certification number 1310. This certification was granted by the Turkish Employment Agency on November 24, 2021, and is valid for the period from November 29, 2021, through November 28, 2024. In compliance with Law No. 4904, we do not charge any fees from job seekers nor do we provide undue advantages.
General Description of the Programme:
GOAL an International Humanitarian Organisation has had a presence in Turkey since 2013 and has been contributing to the migrant response since 2016 with a focus on responding to needs in health service delivery, social safety nets and the protection of vulnerable and marginalised migrants in southern Turkey.
GOAL has been working in Syria since 2013, responding to the acute needs of conflict-affected communities. GOAL is working in Idleb Governate, both through direct implementation and through partners, delivering food, non-food programming to highly vulnerable populations, and provision of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) through support to Water units, as well as emergency support to recently displaced households.
GOAL has been working in North Aleppo Governate since 2019, through direct implementation and through partners, delivering food, non-food programming to highly vulnerable populations, as well as emergency support for recently displaced household.
GOAL has one project ECHO funded LINK in Turkey, LINK program targets refugees from nomadic / semi-nomadic backgrounds and those engaged in seasonal agricultural labor. LINK has been designed to address and mitigate protection concerns of the vulnerable / marginalized refugees through provision of critical information and raising their awareness on their rights, obligations and services available in Turkey, by sensitization/advocacy (targeting key stakeholders and service providers, etc.) activities, and Case Management services to enable highly vulnerable refugees to access to basic, social and protective services available under the provisions of Temporary and International Protection regulations in Turkey.
Line managed and supervised by the Protection Team Leader, the position holder will be working in close collaboration with LINK teams operating in respective program location, particularly with IPA teams. Overall, she/he will be responsible for the management and coordination of the LINK Social Support Centres’ (SSCs) front offices/reception areas, providing information to walk-in clients and hotline callers and assist the beneficiaries with their inquiries both on the phone and face to face regarding all LINK activities; and make case intakes.
General Functions of the role
- Work cooperatively with LINK teams to develop services that deliver the best possible outcomes for vulnerable/marginalized individuals and their families targeted by GOAL.
- Ensure adherence to internationally recognized protection principles, standards, and relevant international and local regulations.
- Ensure adherence with GOAL’s code of conducts and other internal policies i.e., on confidentiality, safeguarding, equality, diversity, and inclusion including the GOAL’s commitments to the protection from sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA).
- Work with supervisors and peers in harmony to achieve LINK service plans, objectives, and targets.
- Participate in one-to-one performance development reviews/appraisals and contribute to the identification of own development needs.
- Ensure full compliance with the GOAL’s health and safety policy and all locally agreed safe methods of work.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage Social Support Centre’s (SSC) reception area and hotline calls.
- Greet beneficiaries when they enter the SSCs, record their arrival, arrange appointment (when and as necessary) and/or guide/ direct them, in an orderly manner, to the appropriate LINK staff available at the SSCs.
- Provide accurate and appropriate information to clients, professionals, colleagues, and others in order to maximize good decision-making processes.
- Warmly welcome clients on the hotline and in person at SSCs and employ good client service manners, use clear enunciation, pronunciation, pleasant and professional voice as well as polite forms of expressions.
- Have a clear and comprehensive knowledge of all LINK services, staff roles and duties.
- Remain representable, punctual, and available during scheduled work hours.
- Be prepared for challenging conversations and calls at any time and remain calm in the events of a client is being incoherent or upset, especially in emergency situations.
- Process and keep track of all hotline calls using appropriate tools as agreed with supervisor.
- Process and keep track of walk-in beneficiaries using appropriate tools as agreed with supervisor.
- Maintain, display, and keep track of brochures, booklets, and leaflets, etc. at the SSCs.
- When and as required provide necessary translation and interpretation services – both at the LINK SSCs, other GOAL offices and mobile.
- Attend and actively contribute to SSC team meetings.
- Contribute to sensitization and advocacy activities, particularly with the organisation of advocacy meetings and gathering of self-advocacy committees and implementation of associated activities.
- Contribute to protection monitoring activities, particularly with data collection activities.
- Conduct surveys and verification calls for different program activities, as requested.
- Facilitate MEAL activities when and as requested.
- Provide support in documentation of program activities.
- Engage in internal referrals/guiding and directing beneficiaries to appropriate LINK staff, only.
- At all times, be up to date on his/her knowledge on the LINKs services and staff roles and duties, etc.
- Perform other duties as agreed with supervisor.
- Turkish Citizenship.
- Native or fluent Arabic and Turkish speaker. Communication skills in English is an asset.
- University degree in related field (e.g., social work, sociology, international relations, communication, reception management and other relevant disciplines).
- At least 1-year work experience preferably in an I/NGO environment and/or in a similar role.
- Excellent listening, retention and note taking skills to maintain a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships in a multi-ethnic, multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary environment.
- Ability to concentrate on conversations (on the phone and in-person) and can remain calm, neutral, and objective.
- Ability to follow client’s story, requests, and instructions closely.
- A self-motivated proactive person, with multi-tasking skills, prioritises well, works under pressure, and manages time and tasks efficiently and effectively.
- Flexible, enthusiastic and willingness to learn from others.
- Working knowledge and practices with Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
Interested? Then apply for this position via clicking on the “apply now” button and fill out the application form. All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in English. Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Application deadline is 16 October 2023.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
“Please note that GOAL does not charge a fee of any kind or any other financial obligation at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training, induction) or other fees, or request information on applicants’ bank accounts. GOAL does not work with intermediary institutions and individuals or employment agencies during the recruitment process. If any fee or payment is requested from you at the application or any stage of the recruitment process, please do not respond.”
GOAL’ün, işe alım sürecinin (başvuru, başvuruların işlenmesi, mülakat, eğitim, oryantasyon) hiç bir aşamasında hiç bir şekilde ücret talep etmediğini, başvuru sahibine herhangi bir finansal yükümlülük yüklemediğini ya da başvuru sahibine ait banka bilgilerini talep etmediğini unutmayınız. GOAL işe alım süreci boyunca hiç bir aracı kurum ya da kuruluş yahut istihdam bürosuyla çalışmamaktadır. Eğer başvuru sırasında ya da işe alım sürecinin herhangi bir aşamasında sizden herhangi bir ücret ya da ödeme talep edilirse lütfen yanıt vermeyiniz.
General terms and conditions
Children and vulnerable adults a must be safeguarded to the maximum possible extent from deliberate or inadvertent actions and failings that place them at risk of abuse, sexual exploitation, injury and any other harm. One of the ways that GOAL shows this on-going commitment to safeguarding is to include rigorous background and reference checks in the selection process for all candidates.
Accountability within GOAL
Alongside our safeguarding policy, GOAL is an equal opportunities employer and has a set of integrity policies. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to the following key areas of accountability:
Comply with GOAL’s policies and procedures with respect to safeguarding, Code of Conduct, health and safety, data protection and confidentiality, do no harm principles and unacceptable behaviour protocols.
Report any concerns about the welfare of a child or vulnerable adult or any wrongdoings within our programming area.
Report any concerns about inappropriate behaviour of a GOAL staff or partner.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document. Any published closing dates are estimated. Due to the nature of GOAL’s work we aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.