Stafimy.com operates as a registered Private Employment Office, certified under SADIK SÖZER ÇİZMECİ Danışmanlık İnsan Kaynakları İş Gücü Temini Ltd. Şti., with certification number 1310. This certification was granted by the Turkish Employment Agency on November 24, 2021, and is valid for the period from November 29, 2021, through November 28, 2024. In compliance with Law No. 4904, we do not charge any fees from job seekers nor do we provide undue advantages.
Title: Cash Programme Specialist – Grant Manager / CLIP Project
Salary Band 4
Duration: 1 year with the possibility of extension
A. Main Activities
1. Specialized Technical Assistance
- Implementing and managing the cash-based transfer (CBT) operations to ensure timely, cost-effective, and integrated approaches with core activities and in close cooperation with key CBT stakeholders. This should include the design of cash operational plans and related Standard Operating Procedures (SOP),
- Coordinating analysis for transfer modality and delivery mechanism selection including needs, market, and sectorial assessments, setting transfer values and Minimum Expenditure Basket values in close collaboration with other actors,
- Appling assurance controls, supporting training to staff and partners, and coordinating and sensitizing local authorities,
- Developing strategies on beneficiary sensitization in line with the Accountability to Affected Populations frameworks,
- Planning and managing delivery systems, including participation in due diligence processes and drafting contracts for financial service providers and partners selection; determination of criteria for beneficiary selection and coordinating the implementing partners in the creation of payment lists,
- Providing technical guidance to partners and staff members on cash programming.
2. Technical Duties
- Supporting and guiding the planning, organization (including proposal, budget, log frame development processes), quality implementation and reporting of activities for 8 to 10 partner projects operating in the sectors of protection, non-formal education, and social cohesion in coordination with internal and external stakeholders,
- Providing technical guidance and advisory service to partners on GIZ and donor regulations to ensure compliance within implementation, budgeting, and M&E to the partners, and supporting competency development as needed, including facilitation of linkages to relevant learning opportunities,
- Undertaking regular field visits to provide technical guidance and supervision, as well as continuously monitoring the progress of project activities,
- Develop and maintain overview of all partner contracts, donor requirements, rules and regulations, and internal and external deadlines, including filing of grant documents,
- Raise compliance issues timely and proactively with project staff and line manager(s),
- Supporting the project management unit in the planning/implementation/reporting processes according to the activity implementation plans and progresses,
- Supporting and actively participating in the inter-agency coordination of the project.
3. Cross-Departmental Duties
• Monitoring and Evaluation:
· Following-up of donor indicator achievements in field visits,
· Checking the consistency of reported monthly data with the narrative reports,
· Supporting the further development of quality criteria for social service delivery and checking compliance during partner visits.
• Finance and Administration:
· Monitors the financial implementation progress of grant and subsidy recipients in close cooperation/coordination with Finance Unit,
· Provides basic recommendations to grant and subsidy recipients on eligibility of costs in close cooperation/coordination with Finance Unit,
· Concludes in context of self-administration approach booking of flights and travel arrangements and of minor booking for accommodations and meeting venues and coordinates with the relevant focal point(s).
• Communication and Visibility:
· Advising implementing partners on visibility guidelines,
· Checking and approving the PR and visibility materials of implementing partners before publication.
- Staying abreast of and reporting as relevant on legal political, social, economic, and cultural developments that have an impact on the project implementation environment,
- Manage archiving of all project files and institutional memory of grants and programs,
- Track and generate reports on the narrative and financial aspects of partner projects in close collaboration with the Programme Operations Manager,
- Regularly reporting to the line manager on program oversight, financial management, M&E, HR, communications, outreach, and stakeholder engagement,
- Drafting and circulating internal periodic updates on protection trends and responses, and reporting on milestones and activities.
B. Required qualifications, competences, and experience
- Master’s degree (MA/MSc) in Political or Social Sciences, Business Administration, Migration Studies, International Relations, Law, OR University Degree (BA/BSc) in the above fields with 7 years of relevant professional experience.
- Excellent professional track record with at least 5 years of demonstrated professional experience in the field of migration with the implementation of national/international NGO projects and a minimum of 3 years of experience with cash programming
- Experience in the implementation of Cash Programming
- Work experience with relevant UN and/or EU organizations
- Knowledge of project cycle management, log frame analysis, and program development tools
- Experience implementing case management/psychosocial support (PSS)/legal assistance and community-based protection activities
- Superior knowledge of Gender and Protection mainstreaming
- Significant experience in managing projects and donor reporting
- Native in Turkish, and business proficiency in English and Arabic as an asset
Interested and qualified internal candidates are requested to apply through our Job Portal Job opportunities | Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH (giz-jobs.com) by filling in the digital application form as well as submitting their CV in GIZ Turkey’s format and a Cover Letter in English, stating their qualifications and previous professional experiences.
The deadline for application is the 08th of December 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ATTENTION: PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR CV IN THE GIZ CV FORMAT. THE APPLICATIONS IN ANY OTHER CV FORMAT WILL NOT BE REVIEWED.