Stafimy.com operates as a registered Private Employment Office, certified under SADIK SÖZER ÇİZMECİ Danışmanlık İnsan Kaynakları İş Gücü Temini Ltd. Şti., with certification number 1310. This certification was granted by the Turkish Employment Agency on November 24, 2021, and is valid for the period from November 29, 2021, through November 28, 2024. In compliance with Law No. 4904, we do not charge any fees from job seekers nor do we provide undue advantages.
ACTED is committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential. ACTED endeavours to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential. The commitment of ACTED and that if our teams is guided by 4 core values: (1) Responsibility: we ensure the efficient and responsible delivery of humanitarian aid with the means and the resources that have been entrusted to us. (2) Impact: we are committed to having the most sustainable impact for the communities and the people with whom we engage. (3) Enterprising spirit: we are enterprising and engage in our work with a spirit that creates value and overcomes challenges. (4) Inspiration: we strive to inspire all those around us through our vision, values, approaches, choices, practice, actions, and advocacy.
ACTED’s greening strategy aims to tackle environmental degradation and climate change while meeting the needs of the most vulnerable who are often those most affected by the deepening environmental crisis. Each ACTED employee will adhere to these principles through key green programming responsibilities:
Contribute towards the adherence and development of the greening strategy plan.
Explore innovative green programming opportunities and/or solutions within your realm of responsibilities and roles.
Encouraging and promoting environmental safeguarding processes and environmental programming standards in accordance with SOPs and technical guideline notes.
ACTED PSEAH Policy:
(WASH Project Officer) has the responsibility to adhere to the PSEAH Policy (Protection against Sexual Exploitation, Abuse and Harassment). The (WASH Project Officer) has the obligation to complete all mandatory trainings related to the Code of Conduct and the PSEA policy and report any safeguarding concern such as breaches of organisational policies or codes of conduct according to ACTED’s procedures. The (WASH Project Officer) carries out work duties in a way that does not harm children, vulnerable adults or other staff or volunteers.
Under the authority of supervising ACTED WASH management, the WASH Project Officer is responsible for supporting the implementation of all technical programs/interventions undertaken by ACTED or sub-contracted, matching with ACTED’s quality criteria and strategy related to small and medium enterprises and entrepreneurial activities.
He/ She is fully responsible of the activities decided by the supervisor in terms of quality, respect of the targets and deadline.
- Support the planning, design, and implementation of WASH activities in alignment with established standards and organizational goals.
- Collaborate with field teams to identify priority areas for WASH interventions. Develop detailed project plans, budgets, and timelines for project activities.
- Knowledge and understanding of multisectoral and integrated WASH programming, WASH knowledge management, documentation, and innovation.
- Knowledge and understanding of ground water development, operation and maintenance of water supply system, wastewater and drinking water quality monitoring, fecal sludge management, solid waste management practices, vector control.
- Knowledge and understanding of the WASH Sector/cluster and inter agency coordination mechanisms.
- Emergency preparedness, community engagement and behavior change communication methodologies, hygiene promotion/awareness and response to public health emergencies (AWD/Cholera, dengue, etc).
Duties and Responsibilities
The WASH Project Officer will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Coordinate day-to-day project implementation and overall coordination of project outcomes, in accordance with relevant WaterAid’s policies and procedures and donors’ requirements. This includes all aspects of technical, partner, and financial planning and control.
- Review and regularly update detailed implementation plans, phased budgets, procurement plans, M & E plans, and work plans guiding all programme implementation to monitor project progress towards completion.
- Monitor and pro-actively track and manage the project’s budget to ensure cost efficiency and effectiveness whilst avoiding budget overruns.
- Identify, track, monitor and communicate project-related issues that arise during implementation and facilitate effective solutions.
- Draft narrative and financial reports for line manager and donors as required, ensuring these are of a high quality and submitted for review in a timely manner.
- Initiate and oversee the procurement and tender processes related to project infrastructure and supplies in coordination with the logistics and technical teams and in compliance with WaterAid’s procurement policies and procedures.
- Work closely with relevant country office technical advisors) to ensure that appropriate methodologies are maintained to ensure project quality and successful delivery.
- Ensure that systems are in place to monitor progress and project indicators, and ensure that project data is collected, compiled, and analysed appropriately.
- Collaborate with local authorities, community leaders, and other relevant stakeholders to ensure smooth and effective implementation of WASH projects. Attend meetings and workshops as needed.
- Support the project team on the activity’s implementations in the field and ensuring the progress of work is implementing with high performance.
- Perform other duties that may be required by the line manager and Senior Management.
Key Performance Indicators
Example, the key performance indicator (KPI) is a measurable value that demonstrates how effectively a company is achieving key business objectives. Organizations use KPIs to evaluate their success at reaching targets.
- % Success rate of service delivery.
- % Of activities completion in a timely manner.
- % Of work reports submitted in a timely manner.
- % Of smooth and prompt response for urgent cases/tasks.
- % Of follow-up activity implement in a timely manner.
- % Success rate of conduct clear BOQs and assessments.
- % Of uploaded and archived relevant documents.
- % Of tasks achieved.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in a relevant field (e.g., civil engineering, Architecture, or a related discipline).
- Fluent in Turkish and Arabic. (English is essential)
- At least 3 year of experience in WASH and/or shelter projects and/or civil engineering works, preferably within an NGO or humanitarian context.
- Demonstrated knowledge and know-how in BoQ production related to WASH projects.
- Ability to deal with related drawings and technical details.
- Experience in activity reporting.
- Excellent organizational skills and accuracy.
- Ability to work as part of a team demonstrates a high level of interpersonal skills and patience.
- Ability to work under pressure in a high-pace environment.
- Ability to work effectively in a multicultural environment.
- Good organizational and prioritization skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel, and AutoCAD.
- Strong interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Ability to conduct filed assessments.
- Ability to travel locally and regionally, if necessary.
How to apply;
Interested applicants should apply by filling out the https://forms.office.com/e/xaS43Eiiu6 Please fill out this form and if you have any issues regarding the form please reach out to email@example.com
For business needs, candidates are encouraged to apply that are Turkish ID holders and legally able to work in Turkey will be considered.
By applying for this position you certify that all the details of your current application, are true to the best of your background and knowledge. You accept the legal mentions of www.acted.org and authorize the automated processing of your personal data by ACTED for recruitment, HR management and administrative compliance control purposes, in accordance with European regulations for the protection of personal data.
ACTED is committed to the prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse in the framework of its programs in Syria. The successful candidate will be required to adhere to ACTED Code of conduct and ACTED Global Policies, especially regarding the protection of children and the protection against sexual exploitation and abuse. A rigorous reference and background checks will be undertaken, and information will be requested from previous employers about any disciplinary action of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse, and/or sexual harassment during employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms his/her understanding of these recruitment procedures.
ACTED is committed to gender equity and to have a balanced and diverse workforce. ACTED strongly encourages qualified women, persons with disabilities, and persons from under-represented groups to apply for the position.
ACTED offers a variety of arrangements that enable women to excel in their careers, including flexible working hours for work-life balance, maternity leave, and career coaching.
ACTED never uses external recruitment agencies and recruitment is always free of charge.
The necessity of ensuring the highest standards of efficiency, competence, and integrity, with proper attention to promoting diversity, is the most important concern in the recruitment and employment of staff at ACTED.
This position for limited period (3 months), it might be extended.
Applicants must provide complete and accurate information pertaining to their personal profile and qualifications to be considered for the current job opening. No amendment, addition, deletion, revision, or modification shall be made to applications that have been submitted. Candidates under serious consideration for selection will be subject to reference checks to verify the information provided.
ACTED reserves the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.