Stafimy.com operates as a registered Private Employment Office, certified under SADIK SÖZER ÇİZMECİ Danışmanlık İnsan Kaynakları İş Gücü Temini Ltd. Şti., with certification number 1310. This certification was granted by the Turkish Employment Agency on November 24, 2021, and is valid for the period from November 29, 2021, through November 28, 2024. In compliance with Law No. 4904, we do not charge any fees from job seekers nor do we provide undue advantages.
TERMS OF REFERENCE
Title: WASH Assistant
Location: Gaziantep with frequent travel to project locations
Reporting to: WASH coordinator
ABOUT Relief International.
Relief International (RI) is a leading nonprofit organization working in 16 countries to relieve poverty, ensure well-being and advance dignity. We specialize in fragile settings, responding to natural disasters, humanitarian crises and chronic poverty.
Relief International combines humanitarian and development approaches to provide immediate services while laying the groundwork for long-term impact. Our signature approach — which we call the RI Way—emphasizes local participation, an integration of services, strategic partnerships and a focus on civic skills. In this way, we empower communities to find, design and implement the solutions that work best for them.
RI includes the four corporate members of the RI Alliance: RI-US, RI-UK, MRCA/RI-France and RI-Europe. Under our alliance agreement, we operate as a single, shared management structure. RI is active in 16 countries around the world, including some of the most fragile: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Myanmar, Pakistan, Philippines, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Syria, Turkey, and Yemen. Often, RI is the only organization providing assistance to highly vulnerable communities.
RI employs 7,000+ staff and auxiliary workers 97% of staff are local nationals. We only have some 90 ex-pat staff out of 7,000+. RI spent $150 million in 2019 on our programs. Often, RI is the only organization providing assistance to highly vulnerable communities.
About our Country Program/ Regional Programs:
Middle East Region
RI in the Middle East has programs in six countries – Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, Turkey and Yemen, with a focus on the 4 main RI sectors: Health, WASH, Education and Economic Opportunity.
Relief International currently employs 3900 staff (direct and indirect) in the region and has a range of emergency response and development programs valued at 70 million USD on an annual basis.
Under the direct supervision of the WASH Coordinator, the WASH Project Assistant will support in the implementation of the WASH activities in collaboration with the program team, support departments, RI’s partners, and the field authorities.
- Support WASH intervention by conducting site assessments to collect relevant data for the design of WASH activities.
- Support responding to urgent WASH needs in remote locations through direct implementation of WASH interventions and inspections.
- Conduct detail technical assessments of designs, technical drawings, BoQs for various WASH infrastructure activities.
- Conduct regular field visits to the program locations up to 80% of working time.
- Support in preparation of Scope of Works and Bills of Qualities for implementation of WASH activities including rehabilitation and construction of WASH infrastructure as required.
- Provide on-site technical support and supervision of the WASH interventions.
- Ensure minimum standards of technical quality are adhered to in all engineering activities and interventions and that they are technically and culturally appropriate, suitable for the given emergency state, realistic and on budget.
- Ensure implementation of all water engineering works including sanitation facilities adhere to Government, SPHERE and RI standards.
- Support and work with the relevant departments on technical aspects of the WASH program.
- Follow the Hygiene promotion activities with the partners to ensure the best implementation of the activity.
- Support in monitoring the program activities and capacity building of RI implementing partners.
- Conduct frequent field monitoring visits including monitoring of WASH program activities.
- Share relevant information in a timely manner with all RI’s WASH program team.
- Represent RI in meetings with local authorities, local partners, other actors and communities at district and province levels.
- Any tasks as assigned by the line manager.
Uphold and promote RI’s commitment to ensuring the safeguarding and safety of the vulnerable communities we serve.
Consistent with RI’s safeguarding and protection policies, ensure your job related activity and practice is compliant with safeguarding standards.
Experience and skills required for the role.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering and /or previous experience in WASH interventions.
- Preferred with previous experience in humanitarian field.
- Fluency in Turkish is a must, English is an advantage, Arabic is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities, deadlines, tasks efficiently.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including patience and diplomacy.
- Must be capable of working both individually and as part of a team.
Guided by the humanitarian principles of humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and independence, as well as “Do No Harm,” Relief International Values:
How to apply
In case you meet the requirements and that you are interested in the position, please send your CV and Cover Letter in English in addition to three professional references to provided. in email@example.com before , October 19, 2023, stating in the subject “WASH Assistant”
Please apply immediately we will be reviewing applicants on a rolling basis, therefore may withdraw the position for the job board closing date.
Relief International has a zero-tolerance policy for unlawful harassment, sexual exploitation and abuse. Relief International is committed to protecting our staff and the communities we work with from abuse and harm including sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and sexual harassment.
Note: Relief International is an equal opportunity employer that does not tolerate discrimination on any basis. We actively seek out diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills so that we can be collectively stronger and have sustained global impact.
We are committed to providing an environment of respect and psychological safety where equal employment opportunities are available to all. We do not engage in or tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender identity, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, or any other protected group in the locations where we work.
If needed, Relief International will submit a work permit application on behalf of the selected candidate after the job offer is accepted – Failure to provide the required documents or rejection of a work permit application by the Government of Türkiye will result in the employment offer being rescinded
Due to limited resources, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
RI TÜRKİYE CANDIDATE PRIVACY NOTICE
This Privacy Notice was drafted by Relief International Türkiye (“RI Türkiye”) as a data controller in accordance with Article 10 of the Turkish Law No 6698 on the Protection of Personal Data (“Law”) and the Communiqué on the Principles and Procedures in Conforming with the Obligation to Inform.
On the legal bases referred to in Article 5/f processing of data is necessary for the legitimate interests pursued by the data controller, provided that this processing shall not violate the fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject.” RI Türkiye shall process your name-surname, e-mail address, mobile phone, references, and CV/resume personal data for carrying out selection and placement processes for job candidates, and transfer them to third party suppliers through your applications to published RI Türkiye job ads via employment agencies or sending your CV/resume to RI Türkiye directly by wholly or partly automatic means. Additionally, RI Türkiye is going to get in touch with your references assuming that all obligatory information is given, and consents are obtained by your side about sharing their personal data with RI Türkiye.
You may submit your requests to RI Türkiye under Article 11 of the Law concerning the rights of the data subject in accordance with the Communique on the Procedures and Principles of Application to a Data Controller.
For more information please click here.
Relief International is committed to protecting our staff and the communities we work with from abuse and harm including sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and sexual harassment.
All staff are expected to abide by our Code of Conduct.
Recruitment to all roles in Relief International include a criminal records self-declaration, references and other pre-employment checks, which may include police and qualifications checks.