Stafimy.com operates as a registered Private Employment Office, certified under SADIK SÖZER ÇİZMECİ Danışmanlık İnsan Kaynakları İş Gücü Temini Ltd. Şti., with certification number 1310. This certification was granted by the Turkish Employment Agency on November 24, 2021, and is valid for the period from November 29, 2021, through November 28, 2024. In compliance with Law No. 4904, we do not charge any fees from job seekers nor do we provide undue advantages.
Duration: 1 year with the possibility of extension
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a German federally owned enterprise with operations in over 120 countries. We support the German Federal Government in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We are also engaged in international education activities around the globe. Through our work, we assist people and societies in shaping their own futures and improving living conditions.
Germany’s international cooperation with Türkiye dates back to the 1960s. The Federal Republic of Germany and the Republic of Türkiye signed a bilateral technical cooperation agreement in 1970. The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH has maintained an office in Ankara since 1998. On behalf of the German Government and other donors like the European Union, GIZ is currently supporting Türkiye’s efforts to host more than 3.7 Mio. refugees. In addition, GIZ implements climate change and energy efficiency projects and is actively engaged in supporting Türkiye through technical assistance in the implementation of pre-accession programs of the European Union (for more information, please see https://www.giz.de/en/worldwide/290.html).
GIZ is currently looking to employ a qualified and reputable Contract Specialist on a full-time contract to support the Service Unit in Gaziantep.
The Contract Specialist’s main activities and required qualifications are stipulated below:
A. Main Activities
- Coordinating and managing all the relevant process with regards of Financial/Grants Agreements and Local Subsidies
- Conducting commercial suitability assessment for partner organisation to determine the type of financing contract the NGO can receive.
- Support and advice the projects/ partners to maintain the budget and proposal in accordance to GIZ regulations
- Review submitted financing budget versus proposal and verify the plausibility of the budget
- Preparing financing agreements (grants, subsidy agreements and local subsidies)
- Coordination and monitoring the whole requesting process via Country Office or Head Quarter until contract is signed
- Ensuring audits are set up in due time before the end of the financing agreements
- Explaining to partner organisations the requirements of GIZ’ financial and contractual requirements.
- Conducting spot-checks to fund recipients, writing spot check reports and follow up on partner’s implementation
- Maintaining proper filing as per GIZ regulation
- Updating each step of the contractual processes in the contracts monitoring sheet
- Assists in and/or carries out other project activities and tasks as assigned undertakes further job training related to his/her position and duties if required
- Participates in interdisciplinary working groups related to service contracts and Financing agreements
- Performs other duties and tasks at the request of management
B. Required qualifications, competencies, and experience
- University degree (Bachelor or Master) in Business Administration, financial management, or equivalent
- At least 5 years of working experience in a comparable position
- Experience with international NGO work as an asset
- Solid knowledge of and familiarity with contractual and procurement procedures
- Very good language skills in English and preferable Arabic, both speaking and especially writing, knowledge of German is an asset
- Good working knowledge of ITC technologies, related software, and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
- Quick learner and willingness to learn new tools and procedures, especially GIZ processes & and regulations
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work with trustworthiness and integrity
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
GIZ is committed to gender balance and diversity without distinction as to race, sex or religion. GIZ is encouraging persons with disabilities to apply for the position. Remuneration will be in accordance with the candidate’s qualification and experience as well as local standards.
Interested and qualified internal candidates are requested to apply through our Job Portal Job opportunities | Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH (giz-jobs.com) by filling in the digital application form as well as submitting their CV in GIZ Turkey’s format and a Cover Letter in English, stating their qualifications and previous professional experiences.
The deadline for receiving applications is the 29th of November 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ATTENTION: PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR CV IN THE ATTACHED GIZ CV FORMAT. THE APPLICATIONS IN ANY OTHER CV FORMAT WILL NOT BE REVIEWED.