Stafimy.com operates as a registered Private Employment Office, certified under SADIK SÖZER ÇİZMECİ Danışmanlık İnsan Kaynakları İş Gücü Temini Ltd. Şti., with certification number 1310. This certification was granted by the Turkish Employment Agency on November 24, 2021, and is valid for the period from November 29, 2021, through November 28, 2024. In compliance with Law No. 4904, we do not charge any fees from job seekers nor do we provide undue advantages.
Title: Communication Specialist / Syria Portfolio
Salary Band 4
Duration: 1 year with the possibility of extension
A. Main Activities
- Management of all communication tasks of the Syria Portfolio (Internet & Intranet pages, events, presentations, photo and video database, overview and background documents, presentation templates etc.) and the projects (factsheets, status-quo reports etc.)
- Developing communication orientations, standards, and concepts on portfolio and project level
- Elaboration of social media content (Facebook, X) for the commissioning parties with a focus on impact data and storytelling
- Improving knowledge and information management for the whole portfolio
- Facilitation of portfolio-internal communication (especially with the use of digital tools such as SharePoint Lists, MS Flows, and dashboard applications)
- Coordination of the Communication Community of Practice and support to the Monitoring & Evaluation Community of Practice
B. Required qualifications, competences, and experience
- University degree in a relevant field (Communication, Business Administration, Social Sciences, Law, studies related to International Cooperation or similar)
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in a position related to communication, monitoring & evaluation or similar, preferably in an international environment, including experience in a similar role and/ or similar institution
- Knowledge of communication methods and tools, preferably familiarity with communication standards of GIZ
- Solid digital skills: Full proficiency in MS Office applications (especially Power Point); competencies in photo and video editing as well as database management, knowledge of other communication relevant an advantage
- Experience in monitoring & evaluation
- Client orientation and ability to work under time pressure
- Ability to work independently and take initiative, anticipate problems and develop alternative solutions, excellent judgement and discretion
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a multicultural environment with sensitivity to and respect for diversity,
- Good organizational and planning skills and ability to use time efficiently
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals
- Excellent command of spoken and written English and German.
Interested and qualified internal candidates are requested to apply through our Job Portal Job opportunities | Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH (giz-jobs.com) by filling in the digital application form as well as submitting their CV in GIZ Turkey’s format and a Cover Letter in English, stating their qualifications and previous professional experiences.
The deadline for application is the 30th of November 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ATTENTION: PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR CV IN THE GIZ CV FORMAT. THE APPLICATIONS IN ANY OTHER CV FORMAT WILL NOT BE REVIEWED.