Stafimy.com operates as a registered Private Employment Office, certified under SADIK SÖZER ÇİZMECİ Danışmanlık İnsan Kaynakları İş Gücü Temini Ltd. Şti., with certification number 1310. This certification was granted by the Turkish Employment Agency on November 24, 2021, and is valid for the period from November 29, 2021, through November 28, 2024. In compliance with Law No. 4904, we do not charge any fees from job seekers nor do we provide undue advantages.
Duration: 1 year with the possibility for extension
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a German federally owned enterprise with operations in over 120 countries. We support the German Federal Government in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We are also engaged in international education activities around the globe. Through our work we assist people and societies in shaping their own future and improving living conditions.
Germany’s international cooperation with Türkiye dates back to the 1960s. The Federal Republic of Germany and the Republic of Türkiye signed an bilateral technical cooperation agreement in 1970. The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH has maintained an office in Ankara since 1998. On behalf of the German Government and other donors like the European Union, GIZ is currently supporting Türkiye’s efforts to host more than 3.7 mio. refugees. In addition, GIZ implements climate change and energy efficiency projects and is actively engaged in supporting Türkiye through technical assistance in the implementation of pre-accession programmes of the European Union (for more information, please see https://www.giz.de/en/worldwide/290.html).
GIZ is currently looking to employ a qualified and reputable Driver on a full-time contract to support the office in Ankara.
The Driver’s main activities are stipulated below:
A. Main Activities
- provides passenger transport in an official car for office, project or programme staff, official visitors and guests
- runs errands for the project, programme or office, e.g. sending letters and messages, paying bills and buying smaller quantities of office supplies
- helps with transporting goods as appropriate
- completes the vehicle log correctly and conscientiously in accordance with GIZ standards
- cleans the interior and exterior of the vehicle(s) regularly
- checks oil, water, brakes and brake liquid, tyre pressure, battery levels and the entire vehicle, monthly or every 5,000 km (whichever is first), headlights, brakes, bodywork for dents etc.
- ensures safety and custody of the vehicle, including tools (first aid kit and necessary spare parts assigned to the vehicle)
- is responsible for the project vehicle documents and their good condition, keeping a vehicle log and recording monthly maintenance
- calculates monthly petrol, oil and lubricant consumption for the daily cash fund and for forwarding monthly vouchers to cost accounting
- reports need for service and carries out minor repairs
- immediately reports all involvement of the project or office vehicle in accidents, including minor accidents, damage, loss or theft of vehicle fittings
3. Knowledge management
- uses all available information (including current radio news on traffic conditions) to update daily knowledge of road conditions, current passable routes and locations, and shares this information with other office drivers
4. Other duties/additional tasks
- assists other colleagues as needed in the project, programme or office if there is no travel pending, carries out other office work on request
- when appropriate, undertake other related duties assigned by the supervisor
B. Required qualifications, competencies and experience
- High school education
- Holds a valid driver’s license
- At least 3 years work experience as a driver with references
- No major accidents in the past 3 years
- Past experience with the humanitarian sector is an added advantage
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Basic knowledge of ICT and computer applications (e.g. MS Office package) required
- Basic knowledge of general mechanics
- Strong team player and capable to handle multiple tasks
- Turkish native speaker, good knowledge of English is required and knowledge of German language is an asset
- Intercultural awareness and respect for diversity
- Willingness to work sometimes on weekends or after regular office hours
- Confidential handling of data and information
GIZ is committed to gender balance and diversity without distinction as to race, sex or religion. GIZ is encouraging persons with disabilities to apply for the position. Remuneration will be in accordance with the candidate’s qualification and experience as well as local standards.
Only qualified candidates are requested to send their CV in GIZ Turkey’s format and a cover letter in English stating qualifications and previous professional experiences to firstname.lastname@example.org (max. file size 3 MB) with the reference (Ref: Driver in Ankara). Deadline for receiving applications is 25th of September 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please be advised that this is a local position and as such only applications from candidates with a valid residence/working permit / temporary protection and residing in Türkiye will be considered. ATTENTION: PLEASE SEND YOUR CV IN GIZ CV FORMAT PROVIDED BELOW. THE APPLICATIONS IN ANY OTHER CV FORMAT WILL NOT BE REVIEWED.
GIZ Türkiye CV Format: GIZ-Turkey-CV-Template-3.doc (live.com)